St Marks Primary and High School Alumni

St Marks Primary and High School Alumni

About St.Marks Home Swaziland St Marks

2010 Reunion

Messages Contact us

St Marks School

In 1909 St Marks School began in a ten foot by ten foot room belonging to the 'Priest-in-Charge' Reverend
Christopher Watts.

On the 2 August 1910 a foundation stone was laid by the then Bishop of Zululand. One hundred years from this date we look forward to the centenary celebrations of the success of our school.

The 1959 Golden Jubilee celebrations marked the last year the primary and high school sections shared the same school buildings.

In 1960 the primary school moved to their own premises, a short distance from the high school.

The history of St Marks is recorded in chronological order of the headmasters.

As with the whole website - this section will always be 'a work in progress'.

St Marks High School
St Marks Primary School
1909 - 1921 Bishop Watts    
       
1925 - 1935 Rev. Cecil Tugman    
       
1948 - 1955 Rev Robert Forrester    
1955 - 1956 Rev John Alban Dobson    
1957 Mr Wareham    
1957 - 1961 Mr Peter G McLaughlin    
       
1964 - 1978 Mr W A Owen    
1979 - 1971 Mr Clifford Poulsom    
1972 - 1976 Mr Harry Telford    
1977 - 1978 Mr Campbell    
1979 - 1980 Mr Goodman J Kunene    
1981 - 1984 Mr Elijah V Nkosi    
1985 - 1989 Mr Benedict j Ntuli    
1990 - 1995 Mrs Marjorie N Balarin    
1996 - 1997 Mrs Thulie Dladla    
1998 - present day Mr Dominic M Nxumalo    

The St Marks Alumni website thrives to be equally representative of both the Primary and High Schools, of pupils past and present. This can only be achieved with your continued support and contributions.